■ Careers – Accounts ■
■ This is our “Everything role”. Helping our customers everyday. ■
Accountant / Administrator
Accountant & Office Administrator position with Association Management (Multi-Management) Firm
Location: North York
To provide support to Senior Accountant for diverse accounting functions and multiple clients.
- Assist in general accounting duties for multiple client accounts including – accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation, assist in production of monthly unaudited statements, assist in production of year-end financials for each account in preparation for audit by outside auditors
- Ability to work with remote access database-driven websites for different clients
- Liaison with client Treasurers, Financial Committees, etc. to answer queries as required
- Make bank deposits
- Liaison with bank staff as required
- Perform on-line banking transactions
- Initiate and oversee international transfers of funds, including into other currencies
- Assist in management of investment accounts
- Cooperate as part of team of two financial / book-keeping staff
- General administrative accounting activities
To fulfill general office administration functions.
- Tracking internal staff time and vacation days
- Ordering office supplies
- Monitoring contracts for office equipment
- Ensuring office equipment is functioning, e.g. replacing toner and paper as required in printers and copier; managing postage meter, adding funds, printing reports, etc.
- Ensuring telephone messages are updated, adding extensions as required
- Calling service technicians as required
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Familiarity with CRA and Canadian standards
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector
- Advanced knowledge of most recent version of QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Database Management Systems and Outlook / Internet
- Proficiency with on-line banking, on-line commerce and transactions
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and sets of books
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance. Working towards CGA qualification or equivalent required.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Unflappable multi-tasker
- References required
Responses to: email@example.com
Replies will be sent only to candidates who qualify for an interview.