■ Careers – Accounts ■
■ This is our “Everything role”. Helping our customers everyday ■
Base Consulting and Management is a multi-dimensional, Canadian-based association, consulting and event management company, providing services on a local, national and international level. We take considerable pride in our ability to think globally, access fresh ideas from a variety of sources and to adapt these ideas to suit different environments.
As a full-service association management company, we bring years of experience and solid results to our diverse clients. This position is an excellent opportunity for an association executive with 7-10 years’ of relevant experience as outlined below.
This position requires an understanding of the association industry and combined skills in association management, fundraising and partnership development as well as conference and meeting planning. This is a hands-on position based in the Base Consulting offices, managing/collaborating with team members in support roles, as well as driving and implementing projects with limited administrative support.
Some examples of Responsibilities
- Work with Boards of Directors, Executive Committees and other standing committees to provide direction and management to their association, acting as key association representative where appropriate
- Liaise with the members and committees to develop or update strategic plans, communications and marketing plans, etc.
- Attend Board and Executive Committee meetings, ensuing adherence to governance, correct meeting procedures, taking and circulating Minutes, Agendas, Reports, etc.
- Where relevant, work with industry partners, and outside consultants such as public relations specialists, government relations specialists to grow and develop the association’s goals
- Oversee and help to develop all aspects of strategic, marketing, membership plans, for managing member databases, producing newsletters, bulletins and marketing materials, to overseeing conference production, special events, etc.
- Manage website content for various clients, liaising with existing website suppliers and client representatives
- Develop communication materials in conjunction with colleagues, including newsletters, member communiqués, social media and other communication vehicles
- Develop, circulate, tabulate and analyse member surveys
- Oversee development of media lists, publication lists and circulate press releases accordingly
- Oversee and produce multiple annual events for different clients, with support from colleague(s) – at least one major annual conference and monthly educational seminars/events.
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as audio-visual companies, printers, website hosting service, webmasters, freelance designers and others
- Seek strategic partnerships, sponsors and benefit providers for clients, as well as research non-dues revenues
- Interest in continued learning and development in the association sector
- Project and Conference Management experience
- Client Management experience
- Ability to direct teams, and to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Interact with internal and external contacts, proactively respond to and follow up on their requests
- Ability to work with limited guidance and support structures in complex and ever-changing environment
- CAE or CMP an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Additional languages an asset, particularly French
- Excellent knowledge of modern office systems, practices, methods and procedures with a proven track record in a challenging and busy environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience with the following software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, database management software.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience working in the not-for-profit and/or association sector at a senior level
- Some travel required (usually in Canada)
- References required